What does being a Toitū Climate Positive certified organisation mean?
Toitū climate positive certification is proof an organisation is taking science-led, meaningful climate action for a decarbonised future.
Each year, the inventory, management plan and impact investments are independently verified by Toitū Envirocare — — a subsidiary of crown entity Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research.
To achieve Toitū climate positive certification, we have:
• measured all operational greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions required under the international standard for carbon
footprints, ISO 14064-1, which includes vehicles, business travel, fuel and electricity, paper, and waste
• estimated our full value chain emissions - from suppliers to customers
• set science-aligned reduction targets for direct and indirect emissions, and will show reductions on a three-year cycle
• offset any unavoidable emissions through the purchase of carbon credits to go beyond neutrality for 125% compensation
• invested in initiatives that have positive impacts beyond our value chain. This investment is equivalent to the cost of offsetting 75% of our organisation’s footprint